The characters have been reborn into the modern world. And they've all managed to end up in the same place at the same time: Shangri-La High School. Coincidence? Perhaps. As time goes on, memories from their past (what happened in the anime series) will start to return, and this will certainly have a large effect on how they interact with each other from that point on. But what will it do to friendships that were formed between those who were once enemies, and enemies who were once allies?
Sub-plots will occasionally be introduced by the mod, but will be allowed to develop on their own for the most part. If you have an idea to move the plot along or that might impact a large number of characters, it is recommended that you check with the moderator first. However, it is not mandatory.
This incorporates a few different methods of roleplaying to allow for flexibility. Because the characters are living in a modern setting, it is entirely probably that they would instant message each other and use livejournals. Then there are people who absolutely can't stand roleplay with little asteriks and fancy symbols; RP logs done in third person/prose will be encouraged, as well. For in-character events that require multiple people, an introduction will be posted by the mod on the community journal, and roleplay will continue through the comments. This is so people in different time zones don't have to wait forever to be online simultaneously.
* Proper grammar, spelling, etc. are mandatory. The one exception is while IC. It would make sense for Goku to be good friends with the Typo Demon, while it would seem a bit OOC for someone more like Hakkai.
* Staying in-character is a must. While the personalities will be based on the original characters, slight deviations are possible. But this will be decided when you ask to join, and you shouldn't try to do anything that goes against his or her nature without a good reason.
* Any sort of relationship is fair game.
* LJ-cut anything that might be considered inappropriate/NC-17
* I understand that some people have lives, some people forget about things, and that there are a few million other excuses. But if you want to play an important character, please be prepared to post more often than someone playing a minor one.